Evil Genius Woman, Thrifty Mom's Diet progress slider

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dieting for weight loss now

I want to stress again that the Paleo 'diet' is actually a diet lifestyle, like vegetarianism.  You change the way you eat  for life (presumably) because you think it's better for you.

If you want to lose 20lbs to fit into your wedding dress or bathing suit, but then go right back to your coconut creme frappacinos and your chicken and bacon ranch subs, then try Atkins.

All of this said, I dropped 10lbs immediately after starting Paleo (over the course of 2 weeks), then leveled off.  It wasn't water weight, because it never came back, so I'm assuming it was just my body adjusting to the new lifestyle and the sharp drop in calories that happens when you give up grains and lentils.

After a week of no dieting, no watching anything, and my weight staying steady (this was week 3) I decided to start watching calories.  I've been limiting myself to 1550 cal per day.  Carb counts have been a no-brainer.  I intended the limit to be 30g per day but, since I started watching my calories, my carbs have stayed about 27g/day.

Of course, I've also just gotten Heroes, season 2, so perhaps just looking at Sylar with lust in ones heart burns way more calories than we realise!  LOL!
Zachary Quinto as Sylar from Heroes. Does lust burn calories?
Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius at

1 Comments:

Blogger Dana Seilhan said...

That is one thing about Atkins that kind of bothers me. Knowing there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate, what's the point of finding your "critical carbohydrate level" anyway? I could maybe see the point if you want to know what your upper daily limit is so you don't go over it, but there's no reason your intake has to be that high all the time. I think anybody's body will settle in at a point that it feels metabolically "comfortable" even if the person never officially shifts out of "weight-loss phase." Could be wrong though.

April 5, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home