Evil Genius Woman, Thrifty Mom's Diet progress slider

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Calling an audible

Definition: (football) Changing a play at the line of scrimmage.

Yep, we're totally reworking this blog.

The reason?  New diet!  Happy dance!

It's called the Paleolithic Diet and it's actually a diet lifestyle.  Here's the synopsis I posted on the 11th on the diet board in our new forums. (Feel free to join us over on the forums, BTW!)

I offically "went Paleo" on the 9th of August.  I weighed 199lbs (I'm 43, 5' 8 1/2"), this morning (18 days later) I weighed 186lbs.

I've made no attempt to limit my calories, just cut out all grains (rice, corn, wheat), breads, starchy veg (potatoes, corn), and lentils (beans, peanuts).  The diet also calls for the elemination of dairy and alcohol.  I have NOT dropped these.  Alcohol is my personal indulgence, and, like my Evil Genius Husband, I just love cheese TOO much, lol!

It's been surprisingly easy and certainly MUCH more thrifty!

Best of all, I have NOT been hungry, I have NOT had any cravings or weird side effects, nothing.

I could (and plan to) totally eat like this the rest of my life.
Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home